olarthermal water heating systems are ideal for hot water heating where your shower and kitchen appliances use hot water fed from the boiler.
The ideal situation for solar panels is facing due south, although they are effective facing anywhere between south east and south west. As a rule Solar Thermal Water Heating System in Sunderlandof thumb you need between 1 and 2 m2 of collector (solar panels) per person living in the house. Shade on the panels at any time of day will reduce the performance.
If you have an electric shower it won’t use your solar hot water. Similarly cold-fill dishwashers and / or washing machines heat the water they use. In this situation, solar water heating is not suitable unless you use the bath for most of your washing and bathing, as you won’t be able to use much of the solar hot water you generate.
Solar panels are compatible with most existing hot water systems. However, you will need a new cylinder with two coils. Ideally it should be big enough to hold two days worth of hot water.
Solar Thermal System Types
Solar thermal technology comes in many shapes and sizes, and is used in a wide variety of commercial applications. Commonly seen types of solar thermal systems include:
Domestic Hot Water (DHW) systems
These include active and passive glycol systems (both closed and open loop), as well as drainback systems
How a Solar Water-Heating System Works
- Solar thermal collectors (panels) on a roof, shade structure or other location absorb solar energy.
- Solar fluid circulated through the collectors by a low-energy pump delivers heat to a water storage tank.
- When users need hot water, the solar-heated water in the storage tank pre-feeds the primary water-heating system.
- When pre-fed with the solar hot water, the boiler or water heater is either not activated, or activated for less time than if there were no solar hot water system.
- Each month, building owners pay a lower bill for energy to heat water.
One of our friendly customer service team members will be happy to help you with all your enquires and advice you further on the advantages of renewable energy
Freephone: 08000 949 700
Or simply complete our online form to get your FREE NO OBLIGATION RENEWABLE ENERGY SURVEY